3D Game Assets
I ensured that all 3d art assets appeared correctly in game. This included optimizing models for poly count, adjusting materials and shaders, modifying existing assets, and creating new assets as necessary. Some character rigging and animation was also required.
I converted existing characters and animations originally created in Blender to 3DS Max. I also cleaned up several broken models, and reskinned them to a new animation rig created by Matt McCullah. Additionally, I created several new robot characters to be released as updates to the game.
I rigged, animated and rendered existing 3D models to create 2d sprites for the ships in this game, including an anthropomorphic squid ship.
I cleaned up 2d linework and laid down color flats to be used in the UI. I also assisted with texture creation.
This game was originally created in 48 hours for the 2011 Global Game Jam. The entire team contributed to the game design. I modeled and textured three of the critters, and rigged and animated all six. I also ensured that all assets were consistant in scale, exported to work in Unity, and that polycount limits were met so the game could work on a mobile platform.
I created, rigged, and animated all 3D assets, and ensured that all of the art in the game was consistent with the playful style envisioned.